Milling tradition since 1859
In the past grains were ground using wind and water power. The Frießinger Mill began with a watermill in 1859 in the town of Kirchberg an der Murr. Since being established by Johann Jakob Frießinger the mill has been family owned for over 150 years.
In the 1950s, the mill was already operating in the third and fourth generation with Karl and Willi Frießinger sen., when a large fire destroyed the entire mill. The 6 month reconstruction also rang in a new era: the first fully automated mill with a daily output of 8 ton was put into operation. In 1965 Willi Frießinger sen. took over his fathers business and in the following decades the mill in Kirchberg grew steadily up to a daily milling of 75 tons.
In 1987 there was another fire, of which resulted in the complete destruction of the manufacturing facilities, and compelled the mill to take on a radical fresh start. A rebuild with a previously planned expansion was no longer possible in Kirchberg an der Murr, and so the relocation of the mill to Bad Wimpfen layed the foundations for the companys current size. Already in the autumn of 1988, only one year after the devastating fire, the new Frießinger mill in Bad Wimpfen im Tal was in operation with a daily production of 150 tons.
The current location in Bad Wimpfen, with its own port on the Neckar, establishes a connection to the world by using the european waterways. The location in Bad Wimpfen provides expansion options and allows the mill to continuously grow. Today the Frießinger mill has 220 employees and processes 800 tons of grains daily. Willi Frießinger jun. holds the operational management and the sixth generation is already in the starting blocks.